If you’re an avid newsreader and often read your daily digest on Google News at night, dark mode can prove to be a major blessing for your eyes. When turned on, it improves visual ergonomics by limiting exposure to blue light, reducing unnecessary eye strain, especially in low light conditions. That being said, let’s take a detailed look at the top four ways to enable dark mode in Google News on Android, iPhone, and the web.
Ways to Enable Dark Mode in Google News on Android, iPhone, and Web
Enable dark mode for Google News on Android
1. Open the Google News app on your Android device and tap on your Google profile icon in the upper right corner.
2. Then press News settings to display the available options.
3. Locate the General section and press the Dark theme ability to configure it.
4. Switch the existing settings to Still to enable dark mode for the Google News app.
Alto! You have successfully enabled dark mode for Google News on your Android phone.
Enable Dark Mode in Google News App on iPhone/iPad
Unlike Android, the new Google News app for iOS doesn’t offer a built-in option to enable dark mode from its settings. However, you can enable the same by enabling system-wide dark mode on your iPhone/iPad. Here’s how you can achieve this:
1. Install the Google News app on your iPhone from the official app store and open it once.
2. Next, open the Settings app on your device and tap Display and Brightness to configure it.
3. Then proceed to dark theme to apply a system-wide dark mode to your iPhone, including all of its apps like Google News.
4. Now open the installed Google News app with dark theme enabled on it.
That’s it. You have successfully enabled dark mode for the Google News app on your iPhone/iPad.
Enable dark mode for Google News on the web
If you’re accessing Google News on your PC or desktop and want to enable dark mode, you can easily enable it by following these simple steps:
1. Go to Google News in a new tab of your web browser and click on the hamburger menu in the upper left corner to expand the left sidebar.
2. Next, scroll down the left sidebar and click on the Settings options to configure it.
3. Locate the Dark theme option under the general section and click on it to display the related options.
4. Set Dark Theme to Still to enable dark mode for the web version of Google News.
Congratulations, you have successfully enabled Google News dark mode for web on your PC.
Use a Google Chrome extension to enable browser-wide dark mode
If you don’t want to worry about manually enabling dark mode for Google News in its settings, you can use a simple Chrome extension that can help you. Here’s how you can achieve the same result:
1. Open the Chrome web store on your browser and search for the Dark Mode extension to install it.
2. Next, go to Google News in a new tab of your browser and click on the Extensions tab to display the list of all extensions installed on your browser.
3. Press the Dark mode expansion to enable the dark mode theme for the Google News tab.
That’s it. You can also enable dark mode using this extension on different websites besides Google News.
Bonus Tip: Enable Dark Mode in Google Docs on PC and Mobile
In addition to enabling dark mode to read news with Google News at night, you can enable dark mode for Google Docs on your device to easily write documents without straining your eyes. Follow this step-by-step explainer on how to get dark mode in Google Docs on PC and mobile.
Q1: Can you enable dark mode on Google News for Android?
Yesyou can refer to the first method mentioned above to easily enable dark mode on Google News for Android phones.
Q2: Can you enable dark mode in Google News on iOS?
YesLike Android, you can easily enable dark mode on Google News for iOS using the second method mentioned above.
Q3: Can you enable dark mode for Google search on PC?
Yesyou can follow our detailed explanation to enable dark mode for Google search on PC.
That’s it for the ways to enable dark mode in Google News on different platforms. If this quick explainer helped you achieve the same, hit the like button and share this guide with your loved ones to save them from suffering unnecessary eye strain and health issues. Subscribe to GadgetsToUse for more helpful tips and tricks.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.