New Delhi: BRICS CCI WE, the female vertical of the BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry which works to promote active exchanges, commerce and entrepreneurship between BRICS and other friendly nations, has celebrated its 2nd Annual Summit themed “Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through the Empowerment of Women” at a powerful event in the capital today. Smt. Meenakshi Lekhi, Honorable Minister of State for Culture, Govt. of India was the guest of honor at the Summit.The Summit was also honored by HE Mrs. Mariana Pacheco Montes, Ambassador of Colombia to India and Mrs. Ria A Sital, Chargé d’Affaires, Embassy of the Republic of Suriname in India.
The Summit also saw the presence of eminent dignitaries, Dr. Ashok Dalwai, CEO, NRAA, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare; Garima Bhatnagar, Spl. CP Intelligence (Delhi), Mr. Sahil Seth (IRS), Co-Commissioner – GST, Customs and Narcotics, Smt. Sonal Goel (IAS), Resident Commissioner, Tripura Bhawan, Mr. Abhishek Singh (IAS), Ms. Durga Shakti Nagpal (IAS), Dr. BBL Madhukar, CEO, BRICS CCI, Vishwas Tripathi Chairman, BRICS CCI, Mr. AK Singh, Vice President, BRICS CCI and Mr. Ruhail Ranjan, ADG, BRICS CCI and the BRICS WE team of Shabana Nasim, Vertical Manager, Ruby Sinha, Facilitator, Shormishtha Ghosh, Director – Business Advisory and Ankita Sachdev, Jt. Director.
Deliver the keynote address Smt. Meenakshi Lekhi, Honorable Minister of State for Culture, Govt. of India said, “I think Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav will be incomplete if we don’t know our history, our society and the kind of work our ancestors did. I think it is time to revive the spirit of empowerment in our society by empowering women and not women. I believe that women are already much more empowered and that the Sustainable Development Goals cannot be achieved without the equal participation of women. »
Dr. BBL Madhukar, DG, BRICS CCI, said: “We must educate women who have not had the opportunity to acquire proper education, because only through education can we truly empower women. women”
Pioneering women from various walks of life were also commended at the one-day summit.
● Empowerment of rural women – Smt. Lajwanti, Phulkari artist and recipient of Padma Shri (2021)
● Sports – Avani Lekhara, Paralympian rifle shooter and Padma Shri recipient (2021)
● Education – Prof. Najma Akhtar, VC, Jamia Millia Islamia University and recipient of Padma Shri (2022)
● Bureaucracy – Ms. Sanjukta Mudgal, Jt. Secy, Ministry of Culture, Govt. from India
● Global Woman Leader – Dr Marcia Lebambo, Senior Lecturer, Tshwane University of Technology (South Africa)
● Global Woman Leader – Gao Qingqing, CEO, Kingsignal Technologies India Pvt. Ltd (China)
● Global Woman Leader – Tatiana P. Vorobyova, Deputy Director of Development, National Fund for Development and International Integration (Russia)
● Technology – Rituparna Mandal, Managing Director and R&D Manager, MediaTek India
● Finance – Jagriti Kumar, CFO, NLB Services
● Entrepreneurship – Seema Jindal, Founder, Nourish Organics
● Health Care – Dr. Kamala Kakamanu, Founder, Kamala Dental Care (Cosmetic and Aesthetic Dentist)
● Philanthropy – Dr. Aishwarya Pandit, Founder, First in Class
● Marketing- Ruchi Kukreja, GM- Copper Marketing, Hindalco Industries Ltd.
● Fashion and Global Influencer – Masoom Minawala, Global Fashion Blogger and Entrepreneur
The emerging women leaders of the BRICS network were also congratulated on this occasion.
● Dr. Neha Mittal (consulting physiotherapist)
● Sunila Yadav (Managing Director – Anil Mantra Aviation P. Ltd.)
● Suchali Jain (Founder, Suchali Artisan Bakery)
● Dr. Priyanka Goyat (Founder, REJOVE Clinic)
● Sneha Srivastava (Senior, Project Manager, Central Square Foundation)
● Dr. Shweta Singh (Founder & CEO, Ennoble IP, SheReal, WIEF & CIIR)
● Dr. Priyanka Singh (Nutritionist)
Interactive and insightful panel discussions on “Sustainable Development through Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Equality” and “Drivers of Gender Equality in the New Normal” also took place during the Summit. . The summit was sponsored by Fore School of Management, Power Grid Corporation Ltd., sheatwork, Hindalco Industries Ltd. and NF Infratech.